Microsoft & LinkedIn Merger is Transforming Recruiting. Are You Ready?
April 25, 2017 by dev
There is much hurly-burly over the Microsoft-LinkedIn Merger. Considering the '$26.2Billion’ amount and being Microsoft’s largest acquisition in history, the hype is self-explanatory.
And the fact that it is going to affect the Recruiting World the most, is why we are immersed in speculating, predicting and guessing on what impact it is going to make. As of the statistics by DMR, 94% of recruiters use LinkedIn to vet candidates, the number of job views on LinkedIn is three times as compared to Facebook and three times compared to Twitter.
One thing for sure: The number of candidates recruited through LinkedIn is going to increase even more. Data explosion, literally explosion of data is embarking this digital age and is no way going to slow down.
We all know the value propositions of LinkedIn presented by Jeff Weiner in 2014, outlining LinkedIn’s vision for the next decade. Following the footsteps of Mark Zuckerberg's ‘The Social Graph’, he also presented ‘the Economic Graph’ and Yes, LinkedIn has been quite successful in achieving these.
Certainly, back in 2014, LinkedIn wouldn't have imagined that in February 2016 its shares would drop to 43.6% within a single day and it would lose $ 10 billion of its market capitalization. But with Microsoft deciding on to acquire LinkedIn, there are hopes as well as apprehensions on the merger. Some have even called it a ’would-be’ failure slanting their conclusions by basing their judgements on Microsoft’s former acquisitions.
Let’s have a peep on how the emergence of Web 1.0, Web 2.0, Web 3.0 and Web 4.0, has in the past drastically changed the recruiting process and what to expect of the changes this major acquisition is going to bring for all the HR.
Long time back, the recruitment framework changed with Blogs, Online Social Networks, Virtual worlds, Identity management websites, RSS feeds or RSS aggregators Video platforms accelerating the professional network.
The Recruitment landscape paralleling itself with the evolution of web has moved from Recruitment 1.o to now what is called ‘Recruitment 5.0’ with predictive analysis, artificial intelligence, augmented reality, gamification, etc. having taken over the traditional recruitment methods.
Here is the growth chart demonstrating transformation of Web & Recruitment:
Now,with the Microsoft LinkedIn merger impinging the digital age with their union, it’s sure to bring about more possibilities, more networking and more data to the recruiters.
Satya Nadella expressing the close alignment of Microsoft and LinkedIn’s mission said that they together strive to build a platform to help professionals achieve more through networking and hybrid cloud strategies. Both are going to mutually support and back each other to build a platform that will change the way recruiting will be done.
Racking our brains out we are all wondering how
- An already existing feature of Office 365 people profile experience under Delve that blended the profile and activity pages making it easier to discover content, connect with colleagues and find experts inside the organization would integrate with LinkedIn and get an access into the social lives of consumers.
- LinkedIn’s Recruiter Lite helping recruiters build a candidate pipeline with Lynda will accelerate the learning and development for Microsoft.
- LinkedIn will mesh Outlook, Calendar, Office, Windows, Skype, Cortana, Bing, Active Directory, Dynamics.
They are out with their ‘fusion’, here is their latest update:
“Employees are the heart of every company, and talent is without question the most scarce and expensive resource. To help companies better manage and nurture that precious resource, we’re introducing a new application for HR organizations called Dynamics 365 for Talent.”
- LinkedIn Recruiter integrations will give managers and interviewers the most up-to- date information candidate profiles.
- A consolidated HR profile can be created through Office 365, Dynamics 365 and LinkedIn profile information that will maintain an Up-to- date view of Employee,
- Along with these, now it will also provide personalized on boarding experiences that will motivate employees to impact with targeted activities and learning resources also allowing access to relevant contacts.
This integration is sure to change the way people find jobs, build skills, sell, market, recruit, manage, engage. To be precise, anything related to ‘Work’ will transform.
And with the easy flow of professional data, Innumerous resumes and mass pool of candidates through Resumes coming your way, you’re going to need a way to automate your hiring needs.
Why waste efforts sorting data that doesn’t need your attention when we are here to help you tame the relevant data from Resumes.
Built on Cloud, Rchilli Parser analyzes the Resume,not simply filter the data giving you a structured, sorted manifestation of the information you need from the Resume.
Mail at team@rchilli is what you just need to shoot up to help us make you understand this further.