What is Resume Parsing? How Does CV/Resume Parser Work?
February 20, 2022 by dev
A Résumé parsing technology converts an unstructured form of resume data into a structured format. A Resume parser analyses resume data and extract it into machine-readable output such as XML, JSON. A CV/resume parser helps automatically store, organize, and analyze resume data to find the best candidate.
A Resume Parser helps organizations eliminate the error-prone and time-consuming process and improves recruiters' efficiency.
I am the HR Manager of an Enterprise. On average, I receive thousands of resumes per year. It is a challenging task to handle resumes manually. I heard about resume parsing technology. I was wondering what a resume parser is? And how does it automatically parse resumes? I took a demo with one of the leading resume parser providers and used parsing software to parse information from resumes in bulk.
What is a Resume Parser?
A resume parser is a deep learning/AI framework that identifies complete information from resumes, analyzes, store, organize, and enriches it through its taxonomies. Resume parsing software makes the hiring process quick and more productive.
Fast and accurate resume parsing technology improves efficiency and offers an enhanced candidate experience.
What Does a CV/Resume Parser Do?
 A resume parser is a compiler or interpreter that converts the unstructured data into a structured form.
 It is a component that automatically segregates the information into various fields and parameters like contact information, educational qualification, work experience, skills, achievements, professional certifications to quickly help you identify the most relevant resumes based on your criteria.
 A parser takes input in the form of a sequence of program instructions and tends to build a data structure, a "parse tree," or an abstract syntax tree.
I used RChilli's Multilingual Resume Parser, which is how it drastically transformed our hiring process.
How to Select A Resume Parser?
Resume parser features to check while selecting a CV/resume parser:
It should parse resumes of all formats including PDF, doc, docx, HTML, RTF
It should be easy to integrate with your existing software
It should contain a detailed library of taxonomies to identify candidate skills
It should parse multilingual resumes/CVs that automatically identifies region and language to parse information.
It should help in unbiased recruitment.
- It should extract the complete resume information in maximum data fields.
Creates an executive or management summary so that recruiters can evaluate a candidate by reading this summary.
Uses deep learning algorithm for improved extraction and smarter identification of resume data for better search results.
- Bulk import allows a resume/job parser to parse multiple resumes/jobs in a go.
- Email inbox integration allows users to parse resumes/jobs from single or multiple email inboxes.
- Option to integrate RScript plugin directly to your web page within 2 min.
- Get the parsed data in a document template designed to bring uniformity to the presentation.
Also read: Top 7 benchmarks for comparing resume parsing technology
My team didn't have to spend time skimming through the resume. The required information was retrieved at a single click. For example, our hiring team searched for a 'Marketing Manager' with an MBA and two years of experience. The resume parsing made it possible to simply click on the qualification and experience tab of the parser rather than going through the entire CV.
CV/Resume Parsing API:
- Saves Time
It parses resumes, extracts data, and saves into your ATS quickly in segregated fields.
It allows you to organize your candidate’s resumes without wasting any time.
Less time is needed to process and select the most relevant talent who is the right fit for your organization.
Save employees’ time in internal referrals.
It offers auto-filling of forms in less than 10 secs so that candidates can apply to a job post in a single click without manually filling out details.
It also helps to build your employer brand among candidates.
- Easily import millions of resumes overnight.
- Fast and accurate JD/resume parsing results.
- It strengthens your candidate database with qualitative data.
- Quickly integrate the ‘apply now’ button on your career page.
- Candidates can fill profile in less than 10 sec
- Get resume data from emails in less than two seconds.
- Hire the right talent with through skills taxonomy
- Eliminate unconscious bias by switching on/off fields and promoting diversity.
- Mask resumes before sending them to the recruiters.
- Improve your ROI from increased conversion rate.
- Better generalization to data and simplified approach to the data acquisition process.
How Does RChilli Resume Parser Exactly Work
RChilli’s resume parser is a deep learning/AI framework that identifies complete information from resumes and enriches it through its taxonomies. It extracts candidate data from resumes in 140+ data fields through REST API.
The process converts an unstructured form of resume data into a structured format. The program analyses a resume/CV created in any document format, such as doc, docx, html, pdf, rtf, and extracts into a machine-readable output such as XML, JSON format through API.
Check How to Parse Resumes with the RChilli Resume Parser
You can save much time on manual transactions of each job application and CV's received. RChilli’s friendly 24/7 available customer service improves the user experience.
1. Login or Signup to RChilli MyAccount
2. Move to integration tab and click on Resume Parsing 8.0.0 to parse resumes
3. Upload resume with valid extensions like doc, docx, pdf, txt, etc. and start parsing resumes
4. After parsing resume, you will get the candidate details in the data fields that are further classified in overview, analytics, experience, etc. Click on respective tab to see results.
5. Beautify JSON and download the output.
RChilli resume parser is now available on Salesforce AppExchange, Oracle Cloud Marketplace, and Oracle PeopleSoft.
Who Can Use Resume Parsing Technology?
Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Make your ATS better, faster, and stronger with the RChilli resume parser's amazing user experience. Resume parser helps ATS easily capture, manage, and analyze resume data.
- Add automation to your recruitment process for a powerful user experience with RChilli CV parser.
- We add value to your existing recruitment system and speed up your hiring process using our resume parsing api.
- Experience the power of our solutions and manage resume data with ease.
Curious to Know Other Interesting Facts of a Resume Parser?
Read the following articles:
Do you want to know more about the resume parsing features?
How can a resume parser help an ATS?
What's the aim behind introducing Deep Learning resume parsing module?
How to create resume parser friendly resume?
How RChilli Resume Parser Blends with Healthcare Industry's Facets?
How RChilli resume redactor help in unbiased hiring?
ATS, staffing agencies, Job board, career sites, enterprises, and many more usually work with resume parsing software to automate the CV/Resume database. To know more, stay tuned with RChilli's Blog.
Leave a Reply