Resume parsing is a process which converts an unstructured form of resume data into the structured format. Resume parser, also termed as CV parser, is a program that analyses a resume/CV data and extracts into machine-readable output such as XML, JSON. With the help of resume parsing software, it becomes easy to store and analyze resume data automatically.
Here is a typical scenario of most organizations, sounds familiar?
I am the HR Manager of a large company. On average, I receive sixty resumes per day. Multiplying that by 365 days, that’s 21,900 resumes per year!!
I used to manage these resumes in filing cabinets. Needless to say, this was an inefficient system. Whenever my company was looking to hire someone, I had to sort through stacks of resumes by hand. Another problem was that these resumes would quickly become out of date. One day I was talking to a friend, and he suggested I try Resume parser to parse information from resumes in bulk.
I was wondering what a Resume Parser is? And how it parses resumes automatically? Finally, I got to know this software eliminates manual data entry by extracting candidate’s information intelligently and saves it in pre-designed fields.
I took a demo with one of the leading resume parsing software provider, and after giving me a visual demo, they gave me a trial account. I could not believe how much easier a parser could make my life.
wHat does a CV/Resume Parser exactly Mean?
 A resume parser is a compiler or interpreter that converts the unstructured form of data into a structured form.
 It is a component that automatically segregates the information into various fields and parameters like contact information, educational qualification, work experience, skills, achievements, professional certifications to quickly help you identify the most relevant resumes based on your criteria.
 A parser takes input in the form of a sequence of program instructions and tends to build a data structure; a "parse tree," or an abstract syntax tree.
I had used RChilli's Resume Parser, and this is how it drastically transformed our hiring process.
How to select resume parser?
- Can parse resume of all formats, be it PDF, doc, docx, HTML, RTF
- Can be easily integrated with your existing software
- Has a detailed library of taxonomies to identify candidate skills
- Automatically identifies region and language and parse information accordingly
- Allows the user to enable or disable fields from resumes as per requirement using 'configuration feature.' It helps in promoting unbiased recruitment.
- Supports parsing of multiple languages.
- Extracts resume information into 140+ data fields.
- Creates an executive or management summary so that reciters can evaluate a candidate by reading this summary.
- Improves candidate experience and strengthen employer branding.
- Uses deep learning algorithm for improved extraction and smarter identification of resume data for better search results.
My team didn't have to spend time skimming through the resume. The required information was retrieved at a single click. For Example, our hiring team was searching for a 'Marketing Manager' who had an MBA with two years of experience. The resume parsing made it possible to simply click on the qualification and experience tab of the parser rather than going through the entire CV.
Other features of cv/resume parsing API:
- Fetch resumes in bulk either from your database or desktop
- Find relevant matches with the help of Semantic Search
- Create a valuable database with qualitative data
- Save time on manual interventions
- Improve your ROI from increased conversion rate
- Offer deep learning to bring extraordinary results
- Better generalization to data and simplified approach to the data acquisition process
We were saved from the hassle of converting the documents as the parser reads .DOC, .RTF, .DOCX, .ODT, .DOT, .PDF, .HTM, .HTML, .MHT file formats.
How resume parser exactly Works:
1. Upload the resume from a desktop or folder
2. Parse resume
3. RChilli parsing API extracts that document into 140+ fields. You need to click on the required tab to get the desired results
And many more…….
4. RChilli’s resume parser stores info in your cloud database or displays JSON for the user interface
5. This can be sold as the add-on to existing recruitment solution
This way, save a lot of time on manual transactions of each job application and CV's received. Must say RChilli’s friendly 24/7 available customer service makes the user experience all the better.
Who can use resume parsing Technology?
Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
Curious to know other interesting facts of a resume parser?
Read below articles:
ATS, staffing agencies, Job board, career sites, enterprises, and many more usually work with resume parsing software to automate the CV/Resume database. To know more, stay tuned with Rchilli's Blog.